Sunday, March 02, 2014

Ohio violinist overcomes autoimmune illness with music, starts foundation (CNN)

Today, CNN introduced the young violinist, Allison Lint, at Oberlin College, in Oberlin, Ohio, founded or “Violinists4Vasculitis”.
     
I couldn’t tell of the exact timing of when these events happened, but Allison describes her battling this auto-immune disease at the college website here.   The disease is called granulomatosis with polyangitis, or Wegener’s Syndrome.  I think I had heard of this only once in someone when I was living in Minneapolis. 
   
    
Lint grew up around the Akron area.  Oberlin is five miles west of Kipton, a little town where I spent my summers as a boy in the 1950s.  She went to high school at the Cleveland Institute for Music.
    
CNN has a report on “The Human Factor” here.
   
Claus Ogermann based on Charlie Chaplin comedies.  

No comments: